Transmission network modelling and planning at utility-scale through load flow, contingency, and short-circuit studies
BE in Electrical Engineering / Electrical & Electronics Engineering or ME/MTech in Electrical Engineering / Energy & Power systems
3 to 4 years of experience with BE or 2 years of experience with ME/MTech
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Application: <enter the job role here>” and attach a copy of your updated CV as well as a cover letter.
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of applications. The candidate must develop Android apps and integrate them with back-end services. Commitment to problem-solving and creating quality products are essential.
Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes. Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements. Experience with APIs to connect to back-end services, offline storage, and performance tuning. Familiarity with continuous integration.
Android, Java, XML, SQLite, API Integration, GitHub
SNEHA – Is a multisectoral integrated solution to be used by field workers, health service providers, and officials to track and manage complete the life-cycle of nutrition and health needs of children and mothers
Sameekshe – Provides a platform for multisectoral integrated family health survey for monitoring public health and for planning health services delivered by the state government
Please send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Application: <Mobile App Developer - Android>” and attach a copy of your updated CV, as well as a cover letter.
To ensure that appropriate and accurate data is collected from various stakeholders through effective organisation of data collection activities, and initial analysis of collected data.
· Collect primary and secondary data and carry out analysis.
· Coordinate with ground partners, and undertake data collection from line departments.
· Ability to create visualisation based on data on different air-pollution events.
· Develop city/region/state/country-level emission inventory.
· Support in developing emission models and handling big data analytical tools.
· Support and contribute to the sectoral risk assessments.
· Participate in relevant conferences, workshops, training programmes for a comprehensive understanding of the air pollution risks.
· Assist the team in working on multi-disciplinary projects, proposal writing, report writing and project development.
· Conduct field surveys (questionnaire designing, coordinating with field staffs).
· A PhD or a Master’s degree in Environmental Science or allied fields.
· Sound understanding of different aspects of air pollution, specifically emissions.
· Minimum 1-2 years’ research experience in air pollution domain.
· Knowledge and hands-on experience of Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and data analysis tools like Python, R, Matlab, etc.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Strong research skills, and willingness to conduct frequent field visits/meetings with stakeholders.
· Knowledge and research experience in mapping tools like ARC GIS/Q-GIS would be a plus.
The candidate will be posted in Jharkhand (the first few months will be in Bangalore).
How to apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Application: Research Engineer-Air Pollution” and attach a copy of your updated CV, as well as a cover letter.
Technical leadership of data science and AI/ML projects in the AI and Digital Lab.
· Analyse domain data (defence supply chain, healthcare etc.) and present findings.
· Design data analytics pipelines and apply best practices throughout the lifecycle.
· Identify and apply relevant advanced analytics and AI/ML techniques to areas such as demand prediction, inventory optimisation, etc.
· Explore and identify the right algorithms and models based on experience and latest research.
Qualifications and Experience
· B.Tech or M.Tech degree
· 2 to 4 years of project experience in developing statistical, advanced analytics, and AI/ML algorithms and models, and analysing large, complex data sets.
· Exposure to the full lifecycle of machine-learning model development activities, including data engineering, feature development, validation, implementation/assessment, transitioning to a production environment, and performance maintenance.
· Deep knowledge of data science concepts and techniques.
· Ability to apply advanced analytics and AI/ML concepts and techniques for structured data of any size.
· Exposure across the data science lifecycle -- from data exploration, visualisation, generating different hypothesis, model training, evaluating and tuning, to deployment.
· Hands-on experience in Python data science libraries, SQL, and Git.
· Desire and ability to research, learn, and apply new concepts and techniques to create an impact.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Knowledge of handling unstructured data using Computer Vision and NLP; exposure to healthcare, supply chain, and logistics domains; and exposure to Cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure, etc. would be a plus.
How to apply
Please send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Application: Data Scientist-AI and Digital Lab” and attach a copy of your updated CV, as well as a cover letter.
The climate mitigation lead would provide strategic direction, design programme goals, direct research, and assist in policy engagement and public outreach.
CSTEP has an acknowledged reputation for research in emissions reporting and modelling, where it has made noteworthy policy contributions. Our research is focussed on a) Energy Emissions, and b) Climate Mitigation.
The focus-area-specific responsibilities for this role are as follows:
· Energy Emissions:
· Project India’s long-term emission pathways using various modelling tools, such as computational general equilibrium (CGE), energy systems optimisation (TIMES), and systems dynamics (STELLA).
· Explore the interlinkages between energy, water, food, and land.
· Climate Mitigation:
· Evaluate the policy and technology options to pursue low-carbon pathways (NDC targets as well as long-term transition).
· Explore the sectoral decarbonisation strategies for India.
Other primary responsibilities include:
· Assisting the Sector Head in developing the Climate Mitigation team’s long-term goals. Helping in designing the programme strategy, and developing project proposals to assist in raising funds for the group.
· Providing thought leadership to the team to take the work forward.
· Leading project teams – including designing work plans, guiding research, and ensuring report quality.
· Driving the impact of research by engaging with policymakers and stakeholders, and advocating research findings with a view to inform the policy debate and guide government's strategic direction.
· Playing an active role in outreach by writing in mass media, disseminating research to stakeholders, engaging in capacity building, representing CSTEP in various forums (conferences, workshops, etc.), and building awareness about climate risks and support for mitigation efforts among the wider public.
· A Ph.D. or a Master's degree in Environmental Science/Economics/Engineering, or a related field.
· At least 20 years' work experience.
· A thorough understanding of energy-economy-emissions modelling. Actual modelling experience would be a plus.
· Demonstrated record of lucid analysis and writing.
· Rigour in research, with a focus on policy ideas and impact.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects, and work under tight deadlines.
· Strong work ethic, timeliness, and discipline.
· Ability to mentor and motivate a large team of able researchers.
The selected candidate will be paid a salary as per CSTEP’s norms, commensurate with the demonstrated skills and experience.
Bengaluru or Noida
How to apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Application: Lead – Climate Mitigation”, and attach a copy of your updated CV, as well as a cover letter.
CSTEP works in critical areas such as environment, energy and strategic materials to enable sustainable growth. We are also involved in cutting-edge research that incorporates Artificial Intelligence for social good and computational tools and modelling to provide solutions for complex developmental issues in India.